Wednesday, September 30, 2020

I was running late today as per usual. As I pulled into the parking lot, I noticed how particularly black, white or gray all of the cars seemed to be, at least in this row. I parked and began the walk in to work and noticed this van a few cars away. The dark clouds, the ominous sky and the simple fact that it had just started to rain, struck a chord in me. While I do appreciate the handmade aspect of this political advertisement, the message rang loud with a true sense of dread. How could any reasonable human being with a heart and soul still support that?  Of course, it's possible that he could win again, I know the odds are in favor of an incumbent. How, after everything that’s happened in the last four years? Once I made the picture, I noticed there was someone inside the van, eating his lunch maybe? I had to stare. Who would write such unbearable words on their own vehicle? Please dear God, tell me this photograph is not a sign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment