Thursday, October 1, 2020

Tonight I noticed this filmy plastic material that was somehow supposed to block off the little construction site in front of the entrance to my college and the building I work in. It seems an odd, yet fitting way to view the bus stop in progress. I appreciate the fact that RIT is trying to improve transportation from the various apartment complexes to the academic side of campus. What I really wonder is exactly how much this bus stop will cost. A very conservative estimate might be in the range of three hundred thousand dollars. I can tell it's going to be a really nice fucking bus stop. This improvement is taking place during a global pandemic; enrollment has fallen off and costs to keep the Institute running are high. A time where most budgets are being cut and faculty and staff have had their pay frozen. I don't believe any of the Administration who are making 6+ figures have announced they're willing to take a pay cut to help keep the school afloat during this crisis. Who needs over a hundred thousand dollars a year to live in Rochester? Can any of them say that they honestly work that hard? One thing I am sure of, most of them would say that they think they earn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment